The company was established in 1982 and production commenced in 1983, with the main aim to contribute to the achievement of food security through vegetable oils provision in Sudan and the Arab world. Furthermore, it aims to develop and modernize the oil and soap industry in Sudan by exploiting the country’s agricultural potential, particularly in the field of oilseed production, and to make use of the financial and technical capabilities available at the Arab Authority for Agricultural Investment and Development to develop and improve quantity and quality in the production of vegetable oils using modern and advanced technology.
Khartoum State, Khartoum North (Bahri) Industrial Area, Square (2) and (3) East Industries - Republic of Sudan
Represented as follows:
Authorized and Subscribed capital is SDG 340 million. Shareholders are:
Government of Sudan
The company average sales for the last three years amount to SDG 2.3 billion.
The company market share is estimated at 12%.
- Vegetable oils:
• Highly refined Sunflower oil (Yara brand).
• Highly refined cottonseed oil (Al- Fahad brand).
• Highly refined peanut oil (Al- Walima brand).
• Peanut and sunflower oil with peanut flavor (Al-Dukkan brand).
• Highly Refined Olein Oil (Al-Aela Brand).
- By products (peanut cake- Sunflower cake - cottonseed cake).
- Plain laundry soap (Abu Qata brand), Enhanced Perfumed laundry soap (Brands: Al-Ghazaltain & Lino), Toilet soap (Lord brand), and pure glycerin.